Friday, November 25, 2005

TV! what TV?


The latest figure on British TV license evasion are out. 350,000 in the last 10 months!

The TV Licensing Agency officers have released some of the best excuses for not having a license. Here are some:

"No, that's not a TV you can hear in the background, it's a tape of adverts I play to entertain the children"

"That's not a TV, it's a fish tank"!

" I never use my TV. I just turned it on Eastenders to see if it effected the reception on my radio"

"I don't need a license as I only watch Australian soaps and you don't need a license in Australia"

"It's a Black and White TV, the colour you can see is a one-off programme special"

"The TV is to keep the cat warm - we don't watch it"

"That's not the Weakest Link in the background. Anne Robinson is a friend who is visiting for tea"

"It's amazing, you're the first person to find this place. We didn't get a licence because we thought you wouldn't find us"

"I only watch Sky channels so I don't need a licence"

"Just because I have a satellite dish on my house, doesn't mean I've got a TV - I've got two pints of milk on my doorstep, but no cow in my garden."

"God told me I must buy the television as he had a very important message for me - he didn't tell me to buy a licence though."

"You'll never get me in court, I'll say I'm insane and pretend to be a helicopter."

No comments: