Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Time Line Therapy

by prydwen

As you may or may not know I have been studying Neuro Linguistic Programming over the past few months and completed the training this week. I am now a NLP Practitioner associated with the BBNLP and ABNLP. Part of the training is a process called Time Line Therapy which was developed by Tad James, a Master Practitioner Trainer in NLP and Huna. Time Line Therapy helps you to find your individual life time line deep stretching from deep into your past and on into the future. Using the Therapy you rise above your timeline and then can move along it into the past or future. The process allows you to find and repair restrictive processes that have influenced you life. On our first trip we set out to 'clean' areas of Anger, Sadness, Fear and Guilt.

This is where it gets strange and a lot of people cannot come to grips with the theory. The Time Line involves ages 0-7 known as the 'Imprint' period, then 7-14 'Modelling' and finally 14-21 which is 'Socialization'. Events occuring during these periods effect those areas of learning. But the Time Line doesn't end there as you can travel back through Genealogical links and even past lives.

My primal fear is vertigo, and when we tried to trace its origin I had to go back 2 past lives where I died from falling from a great height. If this wasn't spooky enough, my sadness and guilt came from experences in the womb. To say I was confused was an understatement but it certainly made sense. After the process you are left with a 'hollow' feeling as if bits of you have been removed.

I was sceptical of the process before I started but having gone through it myself, i must admit to being a convert.

No comments:

Blog Archive