Thursday, December 29, 2005

Black Box

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with the US auto makers for the past five years, whereby the auto makers were installing black boxes in four-wheel drive pickup trucks in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash. They were surprised to find in 49 of the 50 states the last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh, Shit!" Only the state of Alabama was different, where 89.3 percent of the final words were: "Hold my beer and watch this!"

3 comments:

LZ Blogger said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog site! It looks like after VIEWING your blog, you would be a useless case in attempts at "laziness in blogging!" (You have more information on your blog in the last two weeks than I plan on having on mine in the next two years)! - I did like your posts though! FUNNY stuff! Thx! ~ jb///

fineartist said...

Hey, I have a four wheel drive, but thankfully there has never been a fatality in my rig.

I have been known to utter oh, shit a time or two, mostly when I am trying to get the thing into four wheel drive though.

The funniest thing ever said in my truck? Once I had a passenger who was traveling with me in a snow storm. I took a curve a little too fast and we went to spinning and sliding. After I had regained control, I asked the guy, "You okay?" He said, "Ya, but there's a chunck missing from your seat." I said, "What?" He said, "I said, there is a chunck missing from your seat where my ass hole took a bite out of it when it was trying to hold on."

Wulfweard The White said...

I'm sure one of the recorded messages was a wife saying to her husband. "See I told you we should have turned right at the last Intersection"!

Blog Archive